Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

Summer School One: Meeting Eight. The bobble hats are under way.

Niqi's bobble hat was progressing well last night but she managed to complete it (see comment in earlier post) before I could get this posted. Well done Niqi.
Heather casting on for her hat. (Well she was making coffee and tea for everyone else) and it was going well by the end of the evening.


Catherine continues to knit.
Lorna continues to crochet. Lovely pattern Lorna.

I chose chunky wool for my hat. It's a bit peachy in colour but I hope it will pass.
Hookery continues to grow in numbers. We welcomed our latest member Lotte last night. Lotte is knitting clothes for a doll which will go to charity.

Lynne continues her ripple blanket with just a brief pause while we all discussed what colour she should use next.

Mags, having completed one project is now concentrating on the sock(s) she is knitting.

7 comments:

  1. No, I think we should just say sock. It's a bit too tricky at the minute to envisage having one for each foot come winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually from this photo I think I would do better knitting a vest.

      Delete
    2. Firstly I didn't know you could wear vests on your feet ... And secondly for whom would the vest be intended? It's just that it seems a tad (how can I put this delicately?) ummm small?

      Delete
    3. On both counts: I was referring ashamedly to the bulging dress buttons and thinking I'd need a vest underneath for modesty's sake!!

      Delete
  2. Patricia - brilliant post, thanks. You're hired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please disregard Mags' last comment. Photo has been amended. Sorry Mags but I'm sure no one thought you needed a vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patricia- you are as kind as efficient! You are definitely hired!!

      Delete