Pages

Friday 29 July 2016

Introducing Ursula...

I would like you to meet Ursula, so called because my husband said it reminded him of a sea devil from Dr Who and I have to agree there is a hint of seaweed about her.



Hopefully she will be completed quickly as I plan to wear her to a wedding in 2 weeks and I think a border worked in Aqua will take some of the seaweediness away. This yarn - Araucania Botany Lace - Extra Fine 100% Merino is an absolute joy to work with. This will be the 4th time I have worked this pattern from Cute & Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench, but probably not the last.

2 comments:

  1. Ursula is also the sea devil in The Little Mermaid. Which is very appropriate! Gorgeous shawl, nearly outshone by the stunning photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does have an oceanic feel to it - and with the fishnet-like weave... Mags sent me over here, and I'm so glad I came to see your art! Those colors are captivating me.... I wouldn't be surprised if the image of your shawl pops up in my mind next time I am seaside.

    ReplyDelete